Friday, January 09, 2009

Oh, the pain!



Have you ever had a rib go out of alignment? Let me just say, the agony equals labor, and I ain't a kiddin.

I picked up a basket of clean laundry (granted, it was pretty dang full) and put it on my bed. It was sudden, like a knife in my back. I still don't know what I did that brought it on. Luckily, through past trials and errors, I know my body well. I've had a rib out of alignment before.

Most people don't even know it's possible, or that it's even happened to them. They think they've just thrown their back out. Severely!

So, I made an appointment with my chiropractor, took an 800mg ibuprofin pill, and laid down to relax on a nice soft bag of frozen vegetables. Nirvana.

4 comments:

Josi said...

I do this once a year and it is AWFUL. Good luck, girl, and I'm so sorry. It's usually something simply like laundry that does it to me too. I hope your appointment is for today and you don't have to suffer through the weekend. And thanks for the melatonin referral--I'm gunna pick some up today :-)

Unknown said...

Oh yipes!

My goodness, when was this?

Oh yipes.

Thanks so much for joining me on Thursday. It was so fun.

Tash said...

not fun :( its amazing how something so mundane...can cause such havoc! its been mucky here..rain then snow then rain then ice...very weird...havent seen the sun or sky for days...and this 100% humidity is so wierd lol...like walking into a spa..of ice cold water lol.. got wow up and going lets play..love ya

Unknown said...

Hey woman.

I left you a blog award over at my place!

Come pick it up!