Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No rest for the weary


I've noticed a trend happening. The more I write, the messier my house is! Dang! I just have more important things to do than clean house.

I love to tease my hubby when he comes home. I say, "So, what are you making me for dinner?" He'll give me a funny look, then I say, "Hey, I have worked hard all day writing a fabulous story! I'm starved!" He laughs and we both wonder what to feed our five starving children.

So, I've had to make rules for myself. I can't write until I do at least two chores. I also have to do a bit of plumbing paperwork. I hate that part. My poor hubby comes to me--almost on a daily basis--to point out some mistake I've made on the plumbing stuff. I have informed him that he could hire a professional if he likes. I have writing to do! =)

It's a good thing he has a good sense of humor.

I also count myself blessed that I have four kids big enough to help. My thirteen year old rolls his eyes and says, "You're not working. You LIKE to be on the computer." That is true, but I hope to have money coming in one of these days because of the time I spend at the computer. I guess he thinks if it's work, you have to hate it. What does that say about the way I've raised him? I've ruined my children! =) I think I should start saving for their therapy instead of college.

So, off I go to do a couple of chores since I have obviously sat down at the computer before my allotted time! Dang! Oh well, no rest for the weary.

4 comments:

Amy said...

It's so easy to get behind when you are just playing in the Internet, let alone actually writing. Making yourself get things done before you can write is a good goal.

Josi said...

Ah, the beauty of balancing writing in normal life--not an easy thing to do and is constantly has to be reevaluated. I've done all kinds of tricks--every other day, timers, set schedules, and they work for awhile, then need to be rebooted. You're very lucky your hubby can smile with you, do whatever it takes to keep it that way :-)

Lisa M. said...

Totally Totally funny.

I had a quote the other day that came to me via email, something about writting is the only profession, where we don't get paid as we go. Something like that, it was all eloquent and everything.

Anyway, keep plugging at it!

I'm sure your plumming work is great.

Tash said...

hmm well u know what i think about cleaning anyway lol i would much rather be writing hehe. but good for you to make a goal of doing chores first hehe