Monday, October 16, 2006

Our Saturday activity was so much fun! I love hanging with the gals. B had taken the kids fishing and stayed overnight so I was free for the whole evening after we got back from Salt Lake.

Here is the best part! I got sick. I had had a little cold creeping up on me for a few days and that night, I got a terible headache that was so bad that it made me throw up! I layed in bed and watched some tv but went to sleep at 8pm. From there, I have a sore throat and coughing that keeps me up all night! Poor B, he has it now too.

They had fun camping and Grandma and their cousins were there. What a good dad to take the kids camping all by himself.

B is the new 1st counciler in the sunday school pres. They were missing a teacher for the 14 year olds and I told him I'd love to be a sub. I love that age. Well, he put me as a sub for ANY sunday school class and now, I am teaching gospel doctrine this coming Sunday!!! I swore I would never teach that class! It is the one that really scares me for some reason! Anyway, I know the only way to get over that is to just do it and I believe things happen for a reason. It's Isaiah as most of you know. You know, the guy that nobody gets? He a poet that goes right over my head! I'll let you know how it goes!

Anyway, have a great week friends!

5 comments:

Lisa M. said...

I was wondering why I haven't heard from you !

So how did it go?

Robyn said...

That's great Melissa! I was a sub for years and had to teach Gospel Doctrine a few times. My husband taught me one thing about teaching it. Ask Questions and don't say anything. Just wait them out and make them participate. The silence will become uncomfortable, and someone will start talking. I was afraid to do it, but it worked, and everyone participated.

Laura said...

Welocme to my world....

Laura said...

(That's "welcome"...)

Lisa M. said...

Are you there God, its me Margret.

WHERE ARE YOU?