Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My son J who is almost 11 has decided to be a runner now. He came home from school yesterday begging me to go on a run with him. He's more motivated since I bought him running shoes! I was actually not wanting to go really because, to be honsest, I just didn't want another let down.

It was the perfect evening though. Warm and sunny, yet cool enough to make it nice. So I relented. I put on my new running shoes for the first time. They felt pretty good. They are white and hot pink! J says they make his eyes hurt! But they felt the best at the store. I taught him how to stretch out and we started out in a slow jog.

It was immedieately obvious that he has a quicker pace even at his age than I do but I was going slow. I just wanted to test the waters and make sure nothing hurt. We only went a mile and he did great. So did I. No pain and it was very enjoyable. I was amazed. I am still holding my breath though because after 4 years, what looks too good to be true, usually is. ( I know, very cynical)

Today, (the day after) I am not sore. For the first time in I don't know how long, I am not sore the next day after a run. Still not getting my hopes up yet but feeling a LITTLE hopeful! I sure would like to be able to realize that dream of running.

I was talking to my brother in law who is a runner, he is doing the marathon in Antartica in Feb! Then on to Argentina for a marathon! How cool would that be? How exciting. That's living life!

Well, I'll keep you posted on my progress. I have a feeling my son will drag me out the door everyday until I am properly addicted once again. Today, I think we'll take Duke and Jenny.

1 comment:

Lisa M. said...

I read this the first day it was up, and thought I commented, but apparently I did not.

Woo woo for J.

Thats neat.