Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A new quest

Good morning! Let me tell you about my newest adventure. I have started swimming laps a couple times a week in the morning. I love it and it rejuvenates me but let me tell you something. IT'S HARD!!

The first couple of times I felt like I was drowning. I have never been a strong swimmer but I have always liked it. I would like to get really good at it.

I didn't want to be a boob so I swore I would learn to swim without a nose plug. That was my problem. I can't seem to get the rhythm of breathing so I don't die.

The other day. I was at the pool resting after a struggle to reach the other side without water in my lungs when I stopped to watch the lady next to me.

I swear she was the most beautiful swimmer I had ever seen. She had the perfect swimmers body, muscular, sleek, steady. She had been swimming when I got there and was still going when I finished. When she was close, guess what I noticed. A NOSE PLUG!!! I couldn't believe it! I was under the impression that all great swimmers could do it without one.

Then and there I said "that's it! I am wearing a nose plug!"

I told Bry about it when I got home and he said that Mark Spitz, an Olympic swimmer, who won 7 Gold medals in The 1970's, wore a nose clip the whole time. Well, from there on out, I have no problems wearing nose clips.

I bought some and it was so much better but they slide a little. Maybe I'll try some different kinds but so far, I was able to really work out. Today, I am still sore. My shoulders, back and even belly are aching! It feels good.

Well all, have a lovely day!

4 comments:

Laura said...

AWESOME!! I'm proud of you!! Swimming laps is DEFINITELY harder then it looks...and I'm sure you look quite cute with your little "nose accessory!" (You should get one in a really bright color...hot pink or lime green?!)

Lisa M. said...

I have enjoyed swimmin with ya Sis. It's been good fun.

Your nose plug rocks-

Mel said...

Swimming is such great exercise! Wishing I was a swimmer:(

Robyn said...

Swim! I want to swim! Where's the pool?