Thursday, April 26, 2007

A new calling

I finally got set apart for my calling last night. I was called 2 months ago, had all that surgery crap, and then had to wait on the stake people to get around to it!

I now am an official extraction worker. I do Spanish extraction on the computer and I am very excited about it.

My parents were avid genealogists and I never have gotten in to it. This, hopefully, will light my fire, so to speak.

My Spanish is a little rusty so I hope it comes back in full force for my calling. For those of you who are not LDS, a calling is a job given to a person in our church. It is something they can do to help and benefit others. Some callings have more responsibility than others and some are more fun, but all callings teach the value of service and time management! *smile*

Anyway, I am anxious to get started. That is what is new today. Have a lovely Thursday, my friends.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Buenisimo!

Felicitaciones!!

Laura said...

You will need to do a blog to train those of us who are "non-genealogy savy" how to do all the programs, etc.

VERY exciting!!

Mel said...

Now that sounds like a fun calling!