Sunday, September 14, 2008

Belly dancing.


I was cleaning out my drawers this morning. I do this every season to get rid of clothes I don't like or that don't fit or that I haven't worn in a year.

Well, I found my belly dancing scarf that I bought in Texas. It's sky blue and adorable. It has hundreds of jingles on it and I love it.

I was still in my under ware as I had just bathed but it added to the mystique. I turned my happy music on and started swinging my hips!

I realized quickly that this would be really good for my tight Psoas muscle. I noticed how tight my right hip was so I "Worked" it! he he.

As soon as my kids heard they came running in. They thought it was awesome and danced with me. After a bit, my hip really loosened up. I could hardly even do the Merengue when I started and by the end, boy, could I move! And I have to admit, I didn't look half bad!

The kids all wanted a turn and Bry just laughed. I don't know how to take that exactly except with good humor! I'll give him his own version later! *smile*

Anyway, It was great fun. Think I'll do it more often. I'd love to get good at it!

4 comments:

Tash said...

Since i have one of those too, lets have a belly dancing party lol. well put some music on and go go go hehe. you still havent told me what day were clogging....i need you!! lol your so cute

Wog said...

i have one too! guess we can belly dance on our girilie trip! You Rock!!!

Laura said...

We need to start calling you "Shakira!!"

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

lol! That you may!