Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A good deed

My sister called me this morning to inform me that she and my 2 other sisters were on their way up to help me clean my house. She also told me that I better not run around trying to pick it up before they got there! Like I could!

I fold a batch of laundry and fall onto my bed and breathe heavy for 10 minutes! The iron supplement is helping and every day is better but I have a muscle, one of the rectus abdominus, I think that feels like it always has a Charlie horse in it. It is tight from my pubic bone all the way up to my ribs.

Is this normal?

I don't know if it is but I tried to stretch it out the other day and nearly died, literally, from pain. I was informed after that not to do that any more. Hello. I got it! I was told it takes up to 6 to 8 weeks for the muscle to heal. Yikes!

I am getting my hair doe today which will really help. I need to feel a little cuter than I do. S said to cancel the baby sitter for that too and that they'll just clean while I am gone and babysit.

I told my hubby about it. He is very uncomfortable with that and it is for me too but I just can't catch up. I take 2 steps forward and 1 step back where my house is concerned. It's not bad, just messy.

I am so grateful because my family are the kind of people that show up and just do the job. They don't call and ask if there is anything they can do to help. They just help without being asked. I LOVE that because of course, I say, "Sure, I'll let you know", to the people who call and offer. I would NEVER say "Could you come over and do my dishes, mop the floor , vacuum the whole house and do a few hundred loads of laundry? After that, can you change Heidi's sheets and clean her room? It's a disaster!"

I wish I could say that because I see these things that need to be done and turn right around and crash into bed. I wish it didn't take so long to feel good again. I want to go for a run. It is the perfect day for one.

Well, That's where I am today. See you all later. Oh, I did get a hold of Jake's teacher. Everything is going to be better for hem. I am very happy.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I think it is WONDERFUL!!

Enjoy your new "do!"

Keep taking it easy...The more you try to do, the longer it will end up taking!!

xo Yolanda

S'mee said...

As good LDS women we have been trained very well to serve, however not too much in accepting being served. It's hard to accept sometimes. However, the Lord needs to give blessings to *everyone* and this is an opportunity for your family to gather someblessing as well. Relax and enjoy them while they are there.