Monday, May 12, 2008

Race for the Cure!

What a great weekend it was. Saturday, I went to the race for the cure here in Salt Lake. I took Jake with me. I had originally planned for our whole family to go together. I thought it would be so fun to do. Anyway, it didn't work out that way. Bryan had been sick with a fever for the 2 days before and still hadn't gotten much better. Wyatt is always sick and I didn't want to take all the kids without him.

So it ended up being my 3 others sisters and their 2 big boys who are Jake's age. They had a blast! Jake had sprained his ankle earlier in the week and couldn't run the whole way so we walked half the time but it was still really fun.

My mom died from breast cancer and I always like to support the breast cancer cause.

While there, I found out about a "Raft for the cure". HOW DANG FUN!!! It is in Moab on the Colorado River. They will provide lunch at the Red Cliffs lodge, Dinner, t-shirt and a concert that night. They supply everything for the day. I am so excited!

I thought it would be so fun for Bry and I to do together. I was a little nervous to tell him about it though because he doesn't enjoy the same things I do. It has been a struggle for me our whole marriage. Well, surprise surprise, he does not think it sounds like something he wants to do. He doesn't like being around that many people.

I am going to take Jake instead and my sister is taking her son too. She's not married so it will be us girls and the boys. I think that will be more fun anyway.

When I make Bry go on trips that he doesn't want to go on it ruins the trip because he doesn't want to be there. To be honest, I should not care after 13 years. I know what he is like and it still amazes me that I married someone I have so little in common with. I didn't realize how little back then because he was wooing me and trying to please me. I does bother me now though to know that if I ever want to take the kind of trip that I think is fun, I need to go with friends or sisters.

We do family trips that he enjoys though. They includes no other people, fishing, camping and that is about it. Oh, and hunting. If I ever want to go on a cruise, or on a tropical trip like Hawaii or California to someplace like Disney Land or Sea World with the kids, I'm on my own.

I didn't intend for this post to end up like this but it is on my mind. I am so irritated at him about it and I told him so this morning. He NEVER wants to do what I like to do. It makes me remember all those fun boyfriends I used to have that loved what I loved. I know I am supposed to be with Bryan. I know I didn't make a mistake in that way and I do love him very much, but .....I think I will say no more because I will say something I regret! Don't want any of you to know what foul language I really have! lol

So, for any of you out there who want to meet me on the Colorado, look it up under raftforthecure.com. It's the weekend before my B-day!

2 comments:

Ambie T. said...

I hope your foot is better. It sounds like your race was good. That is great.

No kidding about husbands not liking stuff wives like to do. You are not alone. Ed hates dancing and I love it. Needless to say we don't do a lot of dancing. But at the end of the day some of these things really balance our relationship out. I am sure it is the same for you and Bryan. I know how frustrating it is though. We've all been there. Hang in there.

PS: The rafting trip sounds awesome!

Island Queen said...

That sounds like so much fun!

I know what you mean about having different interests than your spouse. Friends and family that know me and DH were very surprised we married because we really don't have a lot in common and come from very different cultures. But in the end - he is the one I'm meant to be with. His strengths are my weaknesses and my strengths are his weaknesses. It's so sweet he changed his mind and you'll be able to go as a family!

You can email me at: asamaseia@gmail.com to view my blog. I made it private.