Monday, May 05, 2008

hard things

I just found out today that a dear friend's husband wants to leave her. She is distraught of course and I don't think she suspected he felt that way. She knew they had problems and was feeling frustrated about their relationship but I don't think she realized he was ready to quit until he TEXTED her to say that he was done.

All I can think is "What a loser!!!!" They have been married for 7 years. Are professional ballroom dancers and teachers. From what I know, I think he is having an affair with a student. Her sister is my really good friend and she is the one we just went to see in Texas. I never suspected a thing either. It is all so bizarre.

He has been married once before and had no kids and they haven't been able to get pregnant in this marriage. I think that is a blessing now. How sad. It's all so very sad.

I can't quit thinking of her and wondering what I would do if it were me. How would I feel? Devastated, I think. I would feel like my world was over. How do people go on and get past such a rejection by someone they have loved for for so long or even longer?


Anyway, that is my news for today. I pray for all those people who are feeling what this friend is going through or who have gone through it already.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

i am so sorry! what a jerk! text??!! after 7 years! a text!!

wow... well i will keep her in my prayers. i hope she finds the peace she needs to move on.

Laura said...

Love and support her...That is what you can do for her...

The "refiner's fire" is such a powerful thing...And despite the fact that she did not necessarily invite it, she will be a stronger, better person in the end...

Of this I have undoubted faith...

Unknown said...

Oh good heavens.

A text.

A agree with yo yo.