Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Freedom Writers

I just watched this movie. I sat here on my bed, folding batch after batch of laundry. I find it very relaxing to fold laundry while I watch tv or a movie. Lisa loaned me this one last night.

I really loved it. At first, I thought, "Here we go again. Another movie about difficult kids, the school teacher that reforms them and the miracle ensues." I did get caught up in the story line but felt we'd seen this before. Until it got to the end.

This was a true story. Another real life story that told me how one person can make a difference. We really can. I was very touched. I had cried in a few parts that were really beautiful. You have to see it. It makes your heart feel good. It makes you believe in humanity again.

It makes you believe that you can make a difference.

So, here in little ole Honeyville I sit, folding laundry in my beautiful blue room. I hear my kids watching a cartoon. Seth is on the laptop playing some game and I sit here, reliving the feelings I felt during this movie. It makes me hopeful. What am I doing now to make a difference? I am making a difference to my kids. I'm not doing anything large scale or helping vasts amounts of people but I am doing my best to make a difference to 6 other people who I love and see every day.

I hope this is enough for now because it is all I have time for! My hope and prayer is that today, you can all look around you and see at least one person you can do something for. Something to bring a smile to their face or to just make them feel good.

One thing I learned when I did Mary Kay was to look at each person you come in contact with and remember that they have an invisible sign on their forehead that says, "make me feel important". It is such a simple thing. We all want to feel loved and we all need to love back. If it is so simple, why is it so hard sometimes?

Good luck

No comments: