Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Good morning! It is Tuesday and I feel like I can get nothing done with this little baby! He is so beautiful. For those of you out there who want kids and can't have them, you really aught to try foster care. Both of mine were babies, because that is what I chose.

Many times these kids are adopted by you. My dear friend Tash just got a 3 week old baby girl last week. She is beautiful and has tons of dark hair! She has wanted a baby girl for a while.

My sister in law is in the process of adopting her foster daughter's newborn and is also adopting a 10 month old boy they have had since infancy. They had been trying to have kids for 11 years.


They say you shouldn't go in to foster care with adoption as the goal but man, it is a great way to grow your family and you don't pay a dime! The state pays for all the adoption fees and the child has a Medicaid card until he is 18. They are always covered.

These kids need good homes. Most of the time, the birth parents just don't get straightened out. It is very sad but happens all too often. At least these kids are being given a chance at a normal, healthy life.

It does come with it's added stressed but my babies were worth it. Think about it.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

We have often considered foster care but I feel like I would really need to be able to be a stay at home mom and we just aren't in the position for that.

I'm glad there are good people like you that are willing.

Jennie said...

thank you...

i feel like you wrote this post just for me.

and i will.... think about it.