Saturday, February 18, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my 11th anniversary! It has been a great 11 years and definately a growing experience. I had decided to take our evening out together into my own hands because my dear sweet, practically perfect husband does not have a good track record when it comes to planning anniversaries. I try not to hold it against him but it does come out in the wash once in a while.

Anyway, this year, we have decided that we will trade years to be in charge. This year I bought tickets for a concert called "Great big sky" in park city. I tried to get a room there too but with it being presidents weekend, there was absolutly NOTHING available! So I got a room at a bed and breakfast in Salt Lake.


Well, I was desperately hoping we would all be well again by this weekend. Yes, My kids brought home colds again and I did get it. I have felt progressively worse over the week. I didn't want to cancel our date but I just KNOW the mother in law will think terrible things if we leave them with her over night and granted, they are our responsibility but I would just like to once, have a nanny! Anyway, she will watch them but I did cancel our bed and breakfast reservation.

It's not the end of the world. It's our own fault we got married in a month that most children get sick in. Are we doomed for the rest of our lives? It seems like every anniversary, at least one of our kids are sick!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary! I'll be thinking of all the fun and love you are having (even with being sick) while I am stuck here getting ready for my Gospel Doctrine lesson tomorrow (maybe I should GET sick?!)

Lisa M. said...

Oh, Sis, I am sorry you had to cancel. I would watch them any time!

GOodness.

Unknown said...

Hope you had a great time anyway! Darn bugs!

Island Queen said...

Hey Melissa ... where ya been? miss you!