Saturday, February 11, 2006

Never jump to conclusions

So, I had my monthly adjustment with my chiropractor. Let me tell you about him. He is only a year older than me. He believes in western and eastern medicine. He is a mobil chiropractor which means he comes to your house. The first time I heard about him I thought, "door to door salesman". Anyway, when I saw who he was, I wondered if he knew anything. I mean, he is only my age and I sure feel young!

As it turns out. He is fabulous. I know there are alot of people out there who think chiropractors are quacks. There are some of those. I have been to alot of them just because of my scoliosis. Anyway, This guy is incredible! Your appointment lasts at least a half hour and he does acupressure and trigger point therapy a little massage as well as being able to adjust any joint in your body.

I told him about my pain and the wondering if it is arthritis. He checked me out and said it looks like my right arch has really fallen. (It's my right knee that hurts) He went to a seminar to learn some new technics in adjusting and he did my feet, my knees, my hips, shoulders, elbows. Everything!! On my right leg and foot, it hurt, it was out of alignmnet pretty good. I hope that is all it is. It does feel better. I have started taking Glucosamine too to help with my joints.

I said I want to be a runner. I am not a die hard. The furthest I go is about 2 to 3 miles at a time and that is not even running the whole time. I do try to be careful. I have to be. I am crooked to start out with (a little) so I watch myself and stop if I feel something in my body isn't right.

Thankyou so much for all your advice. I love it! Have a fab day!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I take vitamins and supplements made by Usana. They are EXCELLENT, and I noticed a difference as soon as I started taking them. They have a supplement called "Procosa II," and it is specifically for joint health. A friend of ours whose pain was so bad that he could not go up and down the stairs without a lot of pain, took this product and it now VERY active. If it sounds like something you'd be interested in, you can order it online at www.Usana.com (Yes..it's an "MLM", but I only signed up so I could get the vitamins and supplements at a discounted rate...I DO NOT try to "sell it"...I just know that it worked for me!) Hopefully, between the glucosamine and the adjustment, you'll be feeling a lot better!!