Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Fannie Farmer

How many of you have ever used the Fannie Farmer cookbook? OH MY GOSH! I love it! I saw it first at my sister's house and couldn't believe how many recipes are in there! I love it because it has EVERYTHING! Literally! I didn't know what I wanted for dinner tonight so I looked through it (and the recipes are REALLY easy) and found one for Deviled chicken so I made that one. It is still baking so I don't know how it will turn out but it looked good!

I never was a great cook but I try and I love to learn new things. It is never too late to become great at lots of different things. Like motherhood for example. I've been at this job for about 10 years now and have yet to see and instruction manual. I admit I have a hard time not losing my cool when I walk into my room to sit down at my computer and find pencil shavings all over my desk like I did just now. My 10 year old had just sharpened a pencil and dumped the contents of the electric sharpener on my desk and floor! He was sharpening the pencil because he had gotten in trouble and his punishment to write "I will not be run to my Mom anymore" 30 times!
Need I say more.
My 6 year old just asked me what I like to do most with my kids. I said, "spank them." He said, "no, it has to be something fun." It makes me laugh! Even when they drive me crazy, I love them sooo much!

No comments: