Friday, December 07, 2007

The Messiah


Have you ever heard anything as powerful and beautiful and the "Hallelujah Chorus"?

Last night was our community Messiah sing in. The community orchestra with a choir and 4 soloists perform and each time they come to a "Chorus" the audience joins the choir in song.

I love it. It is one of my favorite things to do during the holiday season. There is something magical when you hear "King of Kings! Lord of Lords! Forever and ever and ever!! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!"

It sends chills to my toes. Chills to know that at the very first performance, even the King who heard it recognized it's greatness and could not stay seated. He rose from his throne in honor of the true King of kings. That is why it is a tradition that everyone stands when that song is performed. The spirit just soars with that song.

I love the Savior and at this time of year, the music just solidifies my testimony even stronger. I so want to be the kind of person He wants me to be. I so often fall short. Thank heaven for His saving grace. Hallelujah! Forever and ever!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

i love all of the stuff to do during this amazing christmas season!

michael mclean's forgotten carols do this to me! i feel so alive and ready for the season when i hear the music!

truly my favorite!