Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Ah, the Christmas season. I just love it! Even when it does start a little early. I think America is the only country that starts it's Christmas season as late as it does because of Thanksgiving. Well, When I was a child, the season started the day after Thanksgiving.

This year, I turned on the radio the day after Halloween and Christmas music was playing! It irritated me but my kids loved it! I thought to myself, "why be so unbendable?" Now, every time we are all in the car, we listen to holiday music. It is growing on me! I am actually putting up my tree this weekend.

I have a love/hate relationship with this tree. It is fake but beautiful. It is a 7 1/2 foot noble. I love that I don't have to remember to water it, if it is too dry, or if a fire will start in it! I don't like that it is not real, that it doesn't smell like heaven and that we don't get that fun night out to pick it out.

We could just have two trees but then I would have to worry if it was too dry ect...! I want this season to last a long time. I hate the feeling that I put up my tree and take it down so fast. This year I am only starting a week early so I don't feel to weird about it.

I so hope that your Christmas season is as wonderful as I am planning on mine being! Have a happy day!

1 comment:

S'mee said...

I am a tree nut. I have way too many trees and believe that you really can't celebrate Christmas too much. More is more in my book. Thor always wants a real tree, but the practical side of him says no to the price, so we ended up with the fakes. After a while people began to just give me them, now I have a forest!

Anyway, enjoy your time with the hooliday...the Christmas Spirit leaves all too soon.