Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy day after the 4th

What a wonderful holiday! I think the 4th has got to be my very favorite! My day started early because I ran the 5k. I woke up at 5 am! I just couldn't sleep! My stomach was in knots! I have been waiting to run this race agin for 3 years! It has taken my back that long! Now it is just my feet that make it hard!

Anyway, The race started at 7:30 and I have been warned so many times about not starting out too fast. Well, Everyone started out really fast and in my small town that aren't that many runners in the race. Less than 100 probably! So I tried to keep pace so I didn't look slow, which I am and it killed me! I was tired before I had really even started. I quickly fell behind at my own pace while most everybody left me in their dust! There were three of us that kept passing eachother. We kind of stuck together but did not run together. I did have to walk part of the time too.

We ran mostly on a dirt road with beautiful fields on either side. It was so pretty. It was so hot! They need to start it earlier! anyway, to make a long story short, out of 52 women, I came in 41st. Pretty pathetic but at the same time. I felt so good finishing and I finished running! Up hill no less! I thought I would throw up after I crossed the finish line! You want to know the best part? My family wasn't even there! They came 5 min. later! Poor B. had to get the kids ready, feed the animals, the the cart and pony ready for the parade and get them all there! I totally understood but was bummed out none the less that they didn't see me! ALl my friends cheered me on though!

The rest of the day was the parade which was fun, the park, which is always fun! The kids try to catch fish and we eat and play in the water. we were in the pie eating contests. H wouldn't even try to eat hers! she didn't like anyone looking at her!






The rest of the day was the parade which was fun, the park, which is always fun! The kids try to catch fish and we eat and play in the water. we were in the pie eating contests. H wouldn't even try to eat hers! she didn't like anyone looking at her!








J and his best friend won at their age group and each go 5 bucks. I didn't even try to win. I don't have a picture of me and Lisa and our friend during the contest becasue my card on my camera was full by then! ARGGGGG!

The kids looked so cute in the parade. This is the last pic and I am tired! So adios!

6 comments:

Lisa M. said...

It was a perfect day. just perfect.

S'mee said...

ok first how did you continue the day after running so danged far? I give you credit just for surviving the day! And what a fun day it must have been! Sometimes living way out in the boonies is a good thing! Nothing that cool happened where I live. :-l

Now, I have been really busy and neglectful. However, this morning I am trying to catch up on some reading. So I am replying here to some of your earlier posts.

Your sis sounds very insightful.

Your neighbor gal needs to grow up. Being a cheerleader in a former life isn't what gives her poor character; it's that she didn't realize that a cheerleader is supposed to cheer on those who are struggling, fighting or otherwise involved in the hard work that benefits the common team. Shame on her for implying her status over anyone. A true friend never allows a remark that would hurt or offend to escape their mouth. I am sorry you feel so alone.

You already have the best choice for a friend, stick to her and just remember the story of Adam. Go do your VT with your companion keeping the thought; "I know not, save the Lord commanded me." All will be revealed at a later date.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Thank you s'mee for you comments. YOU are very insightful. Sometimes I forget to do things just because the Lord commanded me. Good reminder.

Anonymous said...

Way to go for running the 5K! Will I see you at BC 10K in Sept?

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Hell No! Excuse my french! "smile". You'd have to drag me across the finish line! It is a goal for the future though! I hear it's a toughy!

Laura said...

Remember the rules...If you can run a 5k, then you could run a 10k...If you can run 15-18 miles, then you could run a marathon...(This is all coming from the long-distance coach at BYU...)

My motto is this: When it starts not being fun or rewarding for you, that's when you know it's time to change something!