Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Close Call

I can't believe it is over already! I hate it when Christmas ends! It's a day you plan for and wait for for so long and it is gone in the blink of an eye. I love the planning and shopping for my kids.

On Christmas eve after all the kids were in bed and santa had come, I was laying there in that place where you are almost asleep and all of a sudden I heard this voice in my head. "Remember Galdalf." I sat up in bed and said "OH sh--" ( I wont say it now because it might offend sesitive ears.) B. sat up and asked what was wrong and I realized I had not put out all the presents I had gotten for the kids.

I had hid all the santa gifts in an old van in the backyard that is a good for nothing piece of crap that my husband wont get rid of. Anyway, I went out there in the dark all by myself and sure enough, there were 3 more bags under the tarp that we had missed! One of which was a Galdalf doll with the sword and staff and everything! No wonder it hadn't looked like much when I had set it all up!!! How terrible it would have been. There were a few crucial gifts in those bags! I had even asked B at the time we got it all out, "Are you sure you have it all? Are you sure there aren't anymore bags?" He had said no. CLOSE CALL!!!


Anyway, the day turned out great! I love this time of year! I love to turn off all of the lights and have only candles and the tree lights on and sing carols. I love the spirit and hustle and bustle. I love to buy presents and have turkey dinner. I love the gospel and the happiness and peace it gives me in a world where nothing is ever certain. Thank you Heavenly Father for my wonderful life. May it continue until I am old enough to die in my sleep an old, happy woman. Well, I hope you all had a wonderful day too! See you all later.

2 comments:

Lisa M. said...

My goodness, its been a while!

Hope you are well.

Glad you found your things.

Happy New Years.

I miss you.

NFlanders said...

My grandma would always hide gifts and find them months later. Once she found a wrapped gift in the attic that had been there over a year. It was a sweater and we couldn't figure out who it was for.