I found this meme on Josi's blog. I loved it and had to do it too, and since my fourteenth anniversary is Wednesday, I thought it was fitting. Enjoy!
1. Where did you and your husband meet? We met at Bear Lake when I was 16 and he was 23. He was drinking a beer in the back of my brothers truck. He was wearing cut off Levi's, no shirt and was sitting in a lawn chair. I lectured him about drinking and he thought I was a brat. I didn't like him much either.
2. How long before you kissed?
3. Who kissed who first? See #2
4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? 9 years! Much of which was spent telling him we were just friends and to leave me alone! Sounds funny now, but he didn't think so at the time.
5. How did he propose?
He didn't really, we both just knew it was right. We went ring shopping and after we bought it, I did make him kneel in the cold, wet snow to ask officially. I was mean. But he was a sucker!
6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? I did! Months before we had even started dating...for the fourth time.
7. Do you still like the ring? yes, I love it! Of course! I picked it out!
8. Where was your wedding and reception? We were married in my sister's living room. Bry was baptized a month later. Tina's house was beautiful and had hardwood floors and floor length windows across one whole wall. The reception was there too. We didn't spend a lot of money as my mom had just died two weeks before. It was a hard time, but we felt her there through out it all.
9. How many bridesmaids did you have, and who was your maid of honor? My sisters were my bridesmaids, so I had four.
10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses? burgandy lace. Really pretty.
11. What was your bouquet made of? Red roses and white orchids
12. Who gave you away? My dad, and it was wonerful.
13. Did you cry during your wedding? Yes! I cried as soon as I took his arm and the music began. My wedding was the most beautiful I have ever been too. I even played my guitar and sang to bryan up there in my wedding dress. I sang, "For You," by John Denver.
14. What style was your dress? Gorgeous! Tight bodice, long sleeves, lace, full skirt. It was rented as I didn't want to buy one. It was exactly what I wanted and it was the first one I saw. It was like my mother was there helping all along. Everything fell into place with no effort.
15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy? It was right in between. It was perfect.
16. Who caught your bouquet? This sounds terrible, but I can't remember! lol
17. What flavor was your cake? K, can't remember that one either. I think it was spice cake because I like that best and I bought it from Dick's market in Centerville. It was white with red roses on it. Real roses.
18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? We smashed! How could we miss such an oppurtunity. Actually, Bry was nice, I smashed the cake into his mouth. He's always been the nice one! lol
19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding? There was no dancing but our song has always been "She drives me crazy," by Fine Young Cannibals. It's kind of a joke, but kind of not. We still laugh about it, so it really has become our song. lol
20. What did you serve your guests to eat? Can't remember! But I know it was good. One of my dear friends mom made it all.
21. What did your friends do to decorate your car? Can't remember that one either! lol Bry, just told me that he hid our car, so they trashed our apartment. I was furious with my brother for a VERY long time. Sometimes my family goes above and beyond!
22. What was your favorite wedding gift? I don't remember that either! Man, I'm old! I did love the cutco knives, and my mother in law bought us a tv. I sound ungrateful, but truely, I do know we received some really nice things and I loved them all. I just can't remember what they were.
23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? Yep, you got it, can't remember! lol
24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? To a bed and breakfast in Salt lake. Then, six months later, we went to Alaska. That was wonderful!
25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? About my wedding? No. About my wedding day? Yes. I would have liked to be surrounded with family as I got my hair done etc...Kind of like My great big fat Greek wedding. But that didn't happen. I was all by my lonesome. I don't know what the crap my sisters were doing. That did make me feel bad, but granted, my mom did die just two weeks before. We were all having a hard time.
All in all that day was fabulous. I adore Bryan even more today then I did when we married. We are very different but very alike too. The anniversary of our sealing was on Valentines day. I love that!