Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Hinckley Challenge

I read about this challenge on Smee's page. I am very late in starting but I can catch up. I used to read the Book of Mormon like a novel on my mission. I honestly haven't been reading the scriptures lately. Not because I don't want to really, more because I leave it to the last minute only to find I have no more minutes left!

I do love to read though. I am always reading. It has always bothered me that I read so much but never the scriptures. I have always had good intentions, but as they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

This will be my turn to prove that when I make a goal or promise, damn it, I keep it!

I will keep you posted on my progress. It says I need to read 13 pages a day to make it in time. No problem. I easily read 50 pages of other books in a day! If you want to join in, go to Smee's. It's on her side bar.

5 comments:

Island Queen said...

You have inspired me! I want to take the challenge too...

S'mee said...

Thanks ladies! Wow! I read every day, however I am in a new book, so I am trying to "study" as I read and it is taking a lot more time than just sitting and reading it for fun. But read I do! It's been grand and fun to mark new scriptures! Now if I can just remember to go to the site and plot my progress! ugh. *That* I forget to do!

Lisa M. said...

I joined quite some time ago, and I am on target! It's been a slip and slide, but I'm there!

Melissa, you could do cartwheels around me, scriptorially. I'm so impressed with your incredible knowledge, not just knowing things, but truely understanding them.

That impresses me.

Jennie said...

i tried to do this... i really did! but then life got out of control! satan got me ... won't happen again!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

lol. Very aquainted with Satan.