Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Swimming upstream

I know, I know. I have been neglecting this blog. I am just so busy I don't take the time as much as I used to.

So, the kids have started swimming lessons this week which gives me the chance to sit up in the steamy balcony of the Brigham Natatorium, reading a good book and/or watching my kids. Very enjoyable for the most part.

I miss swimming. I used to swim laps every morning, but didn't continue for one reason or another. I watch Jake doing laps; those difficult strokes that you only see in the Olympics, and feel jealous. Oh, to be young again. I yearn for that twenty year old body. I wish I could go back with the brain I have now. Would I choose differently?

Hmm. So, here I sit, on a hot afternoon in Utah, the kids are playing outside and I am blogging, facebooking, and writing. What a perfect day.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

i love those "perfect days"! too bad they dont come often enough!