Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Too much!

The boys have been gone hunting since early Saturday morning. So, here I sit with just my three youngest. I have forgotten how hard it is with such young kids and no help. I knew I relied heavily on Jake and Seth but this has been a reminder. So here is a shout out to all the single moms out there! It's a hard job. It's also exhausting, draining, and depressing to do it all alone.

It doesn't help that I'm feeling hormonal, although Bry would ask, "When don't you feel hormonal?" Uh huh. Very funny.

So I wait for them to come home by doing laundry which was behind, cleaning up after puppies and messy babies, and not sleeping. Besides that, I have to feed the horses, chickens, turkey, dogs, and cats morning and night. Rain or shine. Not that that in itself is a bad thing but I can tell you, if I were single, the animals would go!

Here is a new one. I can't sleep. I get tired at night and go to sleep but can't stay there in la la land. I'm not worrying about anything, just awake and it's really hard to fall back to sleep. Cookie and her pups wake me up multiple times during the night and last night, my phone started pinging to tell me it was dying. Then, when my poor body starts to dream again, the pups start crying, or cookie starts barking at me to come let her out. She can't stand to be cooped up with them full time anymore. There are days she is LUCKY to be alive!!!! If I put her out to get her to shut up, she'll scratch at the door to come back in. I have tried to ignore her and leave her out there. Just to teach her a lesson. The lesson that she can't tell me what to do, but the scratching will seriously go on all night!

What do you do? I can't function like a happy person like this! *laugh* Oh well, all part and parcel to being a mother.

I am also going through my book again, completely re-writing parts of it. That has been fun and thank heavens for WoW. There are night's I get on the game and can sit and talk to my dear friends there. I played with a girlfriend last night after the kids had gone to bed, who lives in Texas. She's a professional ballroom dancer and teacher. I adore you Holly!!

Anyway, that's my wonderful week so far! Hope I didn't depress anyone out there in cyber space.

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

oh you poor girl! it's so crappy to have your sleep interrupted all the time. there's no way to set it up so Cookie can get inandout on her own?

Jenn and Chuck said...

I know what you are going through. It does get better! Can you let her out more during the day so she sleeps at night?