Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good grief

I just want to say, thank you to my friends. Thank heavens for good friends. I have always loved the saying, "Friends are God's way of apologizing for family."

This really fits me. I am truly grateful for friends who love me in spite of me. Who love me without judgment and who hold their tongues if I do something they don't like, because really, that's just being nice.

We all have faults or weakness or things we do that others don't like. We can pick each other apart so fast that our heads spin. Does this mean we should? Just because we come in families, does this give us the right to have diarrhea of the mouth when someone does something we don't like?

This is one thing I will say for myself. I may have a lot of noticeable faults, but it is because I don't hide who I am. What you see is what you get. I don't act one way in the privacy of my home, and then put a different foot forward in public. People can either like me for me or they do not need to associate with me. It should be that way for everyone.

I like who I am. I don't feel a need to change who I am and truth be told, I don't know that I want to. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: