Thursday, December 10, 2009

Global warming


I find the debate about global warming an interesting one. Does it exist? Is it a hoax?

What do you think? All we can know is what scientists tell us. Do we believe them? It has been scientifically proven that the general temperature of the earth has risen a few degrees. Not tons, but a bit. It's obvious. All you have to do is see the disappearing glaciers around the world to know it's true.

What most people don't realize, is that global warming will not make the earth hotter. It will actually bring on a freeze. You see, as the icecaps melt, they dump ice-cold water into the oceans at an amazing pace. All that cold water is changing the temp. of the oceans which changes the natural flow (current). That means when it evaporates, it forms clouds where it normally wouldn't. So, places that used to have rain, won't, and deserts will flood.

We are already seeing that. Australia has had a seven year drought. In places where it used to rain, it is now a dust bowl and where it used to be dry, it's flooding. We see that affect all over the world in one degree or another.

Do I believe in global warming? I don't know. But I do see the facts and their effects. I wish I knew what the future held. For now, I'm going to bundle up and hope this freeze doesn't last too long.

No comments: